Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Good Old Comfort Food

With the evenings being cooler now, it's a good time to start making some comfort food! I used to not like meatloaf, but then I realized I don't like my mom's meatloaf, or lots of other people's meatloaf either... but here is my recipe. It's very similar to meatballs, so maybe that's why I like it.

Meatloaf

2 lbs lean ground beef
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese

Mix all ingredients well and shape into an oval. Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for about an hour and a half. Viola!

Ok, so quite often I cut this recipe in half because a giant loaf of meat is just too much for C. and I. Also, if you make a smaller loaf, it only takes about 45-hour to bake.




ps -- after I made this, I realized that we had no potatoes in the house and only enough of the instant kind to make 2 VERY small servings. Oh, and yes, we did have a salad with this, so veggies were not completely missing!

1 comment:

molc1257 said...

I love meatloaf!! I eat the shit out of it every time Amy makes it!!