Thursday, June 7, 2007

Crikey! It's been 3 weeks since my last post...

So much for meeting my goal of 3 times per week!

I've been all nostalgic these past few weeks. It all started when my old college roomie and one of my bestest friends posted some pictures she scanned from back in our college days. (Hi, Jenn!) There were a few pictures from a New Year's Eve party in 1997 -- ten years ago! In one way that seems like a lifetime ago, while in other ways, it seems like just yesterday. Since then, Jenn and I have both gotten married, and others of us have moved far, far away. For the record, I'm happy with my life now, but sometimes I really miss those carefree days of drinking White Russians and eating pretzels off my chest.

Well, in one of the pictures was a good friend of ours who disappeared shortly after these pictures were taken. She just vanished and neither Jenn or I could locate her. The email address we had didn't work and I'd sort of lost hope on ever hearing from her again. Then along came MySpace! It's really a shame that MySpace has gotten such bad press recently (and many libraries now block the site entirely), because it really has some helpful applications. I'm happy to report I've found my old friend! It seems she had been looking for us too! Name changes are a b*tch.

Ok, so I promise to update this thing more often. I refuse to let it languish out in the ether. I refuse to be a quitter! I promise more bizarre Internet finds, more pictures of what I'm cooking for dinner, more posts about absolutely nothing, and most importantly, posts on my newest hobby (it seems I've become an avid bunny watcher!) Heck, I'm planning to upload some pictures from my camera tonight, so maybe you'll be blessed with some new Flopsy pictures -- cause that's what I do. Every evening around 7:00 PM, I look out my bathroom window for Flopsy and friends. What, you don't do that?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Haha! I forgot that you could eat pretzels off your chest. Ah, the good old days...

I want to get more of those photos scanned in, but I haven't had time. I still have 3 books to go!