Strawberry and Spinach Salad
1/2 lb. baby spinach
1 pt. fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 oz. slivered almonds, toasted
1/2 c. sugar
2 T. sesame seed
1 T. poppy seed
1 1/2 t. minced onion
1/4 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t. paprika
1/2 c. cider vinegar
1/2 c. oil
Basically, you dump the spinach, strawberries and almonds into a large bowl and toss it around. Then make the dressing and pour that on top... Easy-Peasy!
Here are my tips:
1. I buy the bagged spinach.
2. I never bother to toast the almonds -- maybe it would be better that way, but sometimes I'm lazy.
3. The dressing -- I've used Splenda, but the real sugar is better!
4. The dressing -- I've made this salad many times and I never remember to buy the sesame seeds, so I usually make it without, and it's still really good.
5. I like to make the dressing in a jar with a lid, so that you can just add everything and shake it.
6. This recipe makes a LARGE salad to take to a gathering. I like to make the dressing in the aforementioned jar and then just use a little bit of it on individual salads. C and I would never be able to eat the entire salad before it got all soggy from the dressing.
7. The dressing is good on other salads too!
8. This salad is also good with some cooked chicken sliced on top!
(I bought these cute bowls at Target on clearance last year!)